COVID-19 Response Plans
E te iwi Māori, anei ngā whakamārama mō te kaupapa āwhina a Te Arawhiti
As part of the COVID-19 response it was recognised that Te Arawhiti needed to engage with iwi on developing response plans. Hon. Kelvin Davis, the Minister for Māori Crown Relations: Te Arawhiti, sees such planning as supporting our community’s response to this pandemic at an iwi level.
What we have heard iwi/Māori want
- Government processes to spread and receive information
- Who are decision makers (access and distribution of available funds to Māori)
- What are the various pipelines to government
What Iwi/Māori are already doing:
- Engaging directly with their respective members
- Ready to contribute to national, regional and local efforts
- Actively seeking advice and assistance for iwi members
- Providing public health messages to their iwi
COVID-19 Iwi Response Plan template
This is not something any of us has encountered before. As such, Te Arawhiti has created an Iwi Response Plan template to assist iwi with their planning. This plan was shared and supported by the Ministry of Health’s Māori Health Directorate.
Iwi Reponse Plans
Te Arawhiti thanks iwi for agreeing to make their plans public in order to support the development of our Iwi Response Plans.
|Ngāpuhi||Te Hau Ora O Ngāpuhi Pandemic and Infectious Disease Outbreak Plan|
Te Roopū Huihuinga Hauora Trust
Te Rūnanga o Ngāti Manawa
|Te Rūnanga o Ngāti Manawa Iwi Response Plan|